Monday, April 4, 2011

Report Card

   So Cayden's report card came home from school, he had a good report card, I am very proud of him.  Although I am a little confused to how they grade him, is he grade on the work he should be doing or the work he is actually doing.  He is in Special Ed. now and does different work than the rest of his class.  Why I ask is because his lowest grade was in Spelling but yet he goes to Special Ed for Spelling and has brought home 100% on his last 7 Spelling tests, and Spelling was his lowest grade.  I was also told at Parent teacher Conferences that he excels in Math and has no issues in Math at all, but yet on his report card she stated that he needs improvement in some areas.  I'm confused to how they can tell me one thing and then come report card time its stating something completely different.  Either way I have seen his work coming home and I have never been blindsided by a bad grade so I'm a little confused.  I guess the school will be getting a call from me later today. 

   We had a good weekend, he rode his 4 wheeler alot this weekend and my Dad got his brakes fixed so thats a good thing, he can use his foot brake now.  He hasn't been going to bed until late after 10 almost every night one night was 1am (yes it was a school night) which is not his normal so I'm a little confused and trying to figure out what has changed to caused this.  One thing with Cayden is that it takes me a long time to get him settled for the night, and if once he's settled and something interupts that it takes a LONG time to get him to settle back down.  He does take pills at night to help him sleep but I see no difference in when he takes them to when he doesnt.  The pill does not help him fall asleep but helps him stay sleeping when he does fall asleep, I dont think it works because I see no difference.  The night he didnt go to bed until 1am he was up 3 times between then and 6am.  Anyways something I will bring up to the Dr. at our next appt.

   Cayden starts Spring Break in 2 weeks and he cant not wait.  The weekend that break starts is the weekend we can move our camper into our campsite so I think him and I will be doing some camping that week, crossing my fingers for some nice weather. 

   Well thats about it for now, thanks for reading.  Emie

No comments:

Post a Comment